Saturday, March 8, 2008

Good Till The Last Drop

I can remember as a kid playing outside how my friends and we used to repeat the tag lines from TV commercials over and over as we played together. They were new and unique and we found great fun in repeating them.

Today's 100 word story is entitled Good Till The Last Drop, enjoy it!



On Saturday’s Dad cooked, what he cooked never surprised us, fried baloney, B&M baked beans, mustard, ketchup and vinegar on the side, no game to watch meant brown bread heating in the oven.

Cooking let dad feel like he was connecting with us, contributing to the family.

Curling up a piece of white bread Dad would push the beans onto his fork, smile at me and bite into the sauced covered bread.

One Saturday Dad poured me my first cup of coffee, cream no sugar like he drank it. Raising our cups we both said “Good Till The Last Drop.”

No comments: